Caring for your children
When your child is sick, nothing is more important than getting the best care possible. Whether your child comes to Rush University Children’s Hospital for a well-child visit, an acute illness or a more complex condition, you will be involved in every care decision for your child.
The heart of Rush University Children’s Hospital is family-centered care. We understand that you know your child best. That's why we believe children's families are integral members of the care team.
At Rush University Children's Hospital you can expect the following:
- Collaboration: You will work hand-in-hand with your child's clinicians to determine the best plan of care for your child.
- Personalized care: Your child's clinicians will encourage you to share valuable insight into your child's overall well-being to help determine what services and treatments are right for your child's unique needs and lifestyle.
- Quality care: Research has found that family-centered care helps improve children's overall health, while also reducing the length of time they are in the hospital.
Rush University Children’s Hospital includes the following:
- 125 inpatient beds
- Multiple pediatric primary care practices
- More than 25 pediatric specialties, including gastroenterology, neurology and hematology/oncology
- General inpatient pediatric unit
- Pediatric intensive and critical care unit
- Neonatal intensive care unit
- Pediatric supportive and palliative care