The Rush Copley Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is composed of patients,family members, community members, and hospital staff who volunteer their time to be advisors. PFAC members serve three year (renewable once) terms. We strengthen collaboration between patients and family members and the health care team with a goal of improving patient experiences. We represent a cross-section of the community served by Rush Copley Medical Center.
The Rush Copley Patient and Family Advisory Council will ensure that the voices of patients and families are represented to help deliver the highest standards of safe, comprehensive and compassionate health care.
What are we looking for in a Patient and Family Advisory Council member?
Patients and family members of patients who were hospitalized or used outpatient services are eligible to apply for the council. We continuously strive to fully represent the community Rush Copley serves.
Why should you serve?
- Help others by sharing your ideas and experiences regarding Rush Copley. Your input helps us learn and improve the way we communicate and deliver personalized care.
- Your opinion matters. Council members can influence the direction of activities, services, and policies at the hospital, such as new programs or facility usage. You can help shape how services and policies unfold.
- Learn more about programs that may benefit you or your family members and keep current on happenings and changes within the Rush Copley community.
- Make a difference. This is your opportunity to create positive change in the lives of individuals and their families.
- Sharing your thoughts and your experiences with the hospital can help ensure that the decisions made by Rush Copley are informed ones.
What are the time commitments and service requirements of the PFAC?
The PFAC meets every month for approximately 90 minutes. We ask council members to make a three year commitment. For council members aged 18-25, we offer the option of a one year term. Terms are renewable once.
There may be other voluntary committee service options available to PFAC members.
How Do I Apply?
If you are interested in serving on our Patient and Family Advisory Council, please complete an application. Applications will be reviewed and candidates will be selected for an interview. For more information, please email RCPFAC@rushcopley.com or call (630) 692-5286.