Looking for a salad to prepare for a luncheon or party? Try our tasty Thai chopped chicken salad. It's loaded with crisp veggies and succulent marinated chicken (or skip the chicken if you're a vegetarian), and topped with a flavorful homemade peanut sauce.
Chicken and Marinade
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups romaine, chopped
- 4 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Thai sweet red chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine chicken with marinade ingredients in a zip top bag. Let chicken sit in refrigerator for at least 4 hours (up to overnight).
- After chicken is finished marinating, heat oven to 350° F. Discard marinade and place chicken in baking dish. Bake about 40 minutes until done and no longer pink (140° F internal temperature). After baking, shred chicken and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine. Pour over salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, combine peanut sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- To serve, plate 1 cup of salad, top with 1 oz. shredded chicken and drizzle with peanut sauce.
Serving Size: 1 cup salad, 1 oz. chicken
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Protein: 15g
- Total Carbohydrates: 12g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Sodium: 318mg