Brace yourself, pumpkin spice latte fans: Your favorite fall flavor is now easy to achieve at home — and with less than half the calories of a coffee shop version, your DIY pumpkin spice latte is a healthier alternative, as well.
- 1 pie or sugar pumpkin
- 1 can coconut milk or 12 ounces milk/milk alternative
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Remove seeds and stringy flesh from inside the pumpkin.
- Cut pumpkin into quarters.
- Place pumpkin skin side up onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes.
- Once cooled, peel skin off the pumpkin.
- Add pumpkin to food processor and blend until creamy.
- Reserve ½ cup of pumpkin in the food processor and store the remainder in an airtight container for later use.
- Add coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to the food processor and blend until well combined.
- Add to your favorite coffee/espresso and mix well. Creamer can be saved in the refrigerator for one week.
Serving size: ¼ cup of creamer added to coffee/espresso
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 2 g
- Protein: .5 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g