Tea is more than just a warm, soothing drink — it also makes a flavorful marinade for chicken. In this recipe, lemon tea pairs perfectly with honey and fresh herbs. Serve with a side of veggies or add it to a fresh, crisp salad. And try other tea flavors (orange, green, etc.) to create fun variations of the recipe.
- 4 lemon tea bags
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh and chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, halved
- Place the tea and honey in a large dish and pour hot water over ingredients.
- Add the chicken, thyme, rosemary and garlic cloves once the mixture has cooled.
- Cover and chill overnight in the fridge.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Pat the chicken dry prior to cooking.
- Cook the chicken breasts in pan or on a grill until thoroughly cooked (165°F), around 10-12 minutes.
Serving Size: 4-oz. chicken breas
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 184
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Protein: 37g
Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
- Ssodium: 61mg