Fire up the grill! With a zingy dry rub and a hint of zesty lime, this heart healthy salmon recipe will tantalize your taste buds. It's great for backyard barbecues or just as a change of pace from your regular dinner routine.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 salmon fillets, about 5 ounces each
- 1 avocado, sliced thin (1/6 per serving)
- 8 lime wedges
- Preheat grill for medium heat (350°F).
- Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture evenly onto both sides of salmon fillet.
- Place salmon onto the grill, top side down, then turn halfway through cooking. Cook for 15-20 minutes until desired internal temperature is reached (medium = 150°F).
- Slice avocado thinly, fan 1/6 avocado on each plate as garnish).
- Once cooked, serve salmon fillet with 2 lime wedges and avocado.
Using a dry rub on fish, meat, or poultry is a great option to maintain flavor while grilling without all the salt. Be creative! You can use everything from herbs and spices to coffee.
Serving Size: 5 oz.
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 251
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Protein: 28g
Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Sodium: 297mg