A healthy twist on fried chicken, marinated in a spicy chipotle adobo sauce and baked to crunchy, juicy perfection.
- 4 uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3.2 0z each)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 ounces skim milk
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, pureed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray the baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper in a large Ziploc bag or bowl; pour the milk into a second bowl, then add the crushed corn flakes and cilantro in a third.
- Cover chicken in chipotle pepper and adobo sauce puree.
- Place the chicken in the flour & seasoning Ziploc bag and shake to coat, or roll in the mixture if in a bowl
- Dip the chicken into the milk and then in the crushed corn flakes.
- Place your chicken on the baking sheet, leaving a space between each breast and lightly spray with the cooking spray.
- Bake chicken about 10-15 minutes, flip gently with a pair of tongs, and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Be sure to check to make sure your chicken is cooked, as the thickness can greatly affect baking time. You want it to be tender and not pink.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towel to soak up any excess fat then served with a wedge of lemon.
Serving size: 1, 3.2 oz chicken breast
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 181
- Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Sodium: 136mg