Our easy-to-make flatbread is topped with fragrant fennel, caramelized onions and a goat cheese-mozzarella blend, and paired with a peppery arugula salad. It makes a tasty party appetizer, or enjoy it as a light lunch.
- 1 6-inch square flatbread
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup arugula, washed, dried and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1.5 tablespoon reduced-fat goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray and add onions. Cover very low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and caramelized (about 10 minutes).
- Remove onions from heat and mix in fennel.
- Place the flatbread on a baking sheet and top with sautéed onions and fennel. Crumble the goat cheese and mozzarella on top and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and cut into 16 triangles.
- Place arugula in the center of the plate and surround the arugula with 3 triangles of flatbread pizza.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Serving size: 3 triangles (when cut, there should be 16 triangles total)
Amount per serving
- Calories: 59
- Saturated fat: <1g
- Protein: 3g
Total carbohydrates: 8g
- Dietary fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 98g
- Cholesterol: 4mg