Brussels sprouts are a versatile veggie; they make a great appetizer and can serve as a side to almost any main dish. Instead of loading your Brussels with bacon or frying them, try our satisfyingly crispy baked sprouts with honey mustard dipping sauce.
- 11/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts (trimmed, cut in half)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 11/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and line sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper coated with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper.
- Next, a handful at a time, dredge the sprouts in flour, dip into egg batter, and coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Continue theses steps until all sprouts have been dredged and are coated with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Remove sprouts one by one onto prepared baked sheet.
- Drizzle sprouts with a light drizzle of olive oil and bake for 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
- Whisk mustard and olive oil together until completely combined.
- Add orange juice, vinegar, honey and cilantro.
- Whisk until combined.
- Pour into small bowl for dipping.
Serving size: 4 sprouts (8 halves); 1 tablespoon of sauce
Amount Per Serving*
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 5g
Total Carohydrates: 28g
- Dietary fiber:3g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 101mg
*For entire dish