Cucumber and tomato are a classic — and healthful — pairing. Crisp, juicy and bursting with fresh flavor, this salad makes a great lunch, or a delicious starter for any meal.
- 2 medium tomatoes, large diced (3/4 inch)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, large diced (3/4 inch)
- ½ cup red onion, thin julienne
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cup baby spinach leaves, divided
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a salad bowl.
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour.
- Serve over a bed of spinach (1/4 cup each).
- Garnish with parsley.
Add your favorite fresh herbs or 1 ounce of feta cheese for an extra burst of flavor. You can also swap the baby spinach for lettuce, or serve a mix of spinach and lettuce.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 41
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Protein: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 4g
- Dietary fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 55mg