Fresh carrot and ginger are enhanced by Indian spices in this simple yet sublime vegetarian soup recipe. It's light on calories (also, fat-free), but bursting with flavor.
- 2 ½ cups onions, roughly chopped (about 4 to 5 medium onions)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 ½ teaspoons coriander, ground
- 3 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 9 cups carrots, chopped (about 18 to 24 medium carrots)
- 11 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 ½ teaspoons lime juice, fresh
- Sauté the onions with ginger, spices and carrots until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the broth and lime juice; simmer 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Working in batches, purée in blender until smooth.
- Add more broth if too thick.
Serving Size: ¾ cup or 6 fluid oz.
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 54
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Protein: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 11g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 157mg