This warm, melty dip — packed with sweet caramelized onions — makes a great alternative to traditional spinach-artichoke dip. Serve with whole wheat pita triangles or crostini for a satisfying starter at everything from holiday parties or backyard barbecues.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil (divided in half)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup asiago cheese, shredded (divided in half)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Sautee onions in 2 teaspoons of olive oil until caramelized, approximately 10 minutes. During the last few minutes of cooking, add balsamic vinegar.
- While onions are cooking, combine beans and yogurt until smooth. Then add remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil, ¼ cup cheese, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Process until combined.
- Transfer beans to an 8 x 8" baking dish and evenly distribute. Top with caramelized onions and sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese on top.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes until melted and bubbly.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 138
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Protein: 9g
Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 161mg