Don't have a lot of time to make a healthy breakfast before work or school? Prepare our creamy, hearty banana-peanut butter overnight oats before you go to bed. Then, in the morning, you can just grab a spoon and dig in! Recipe courtesy of the Rush Cancer Supportive Care team.
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup low fat milk*
- 1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt*
- ½ banana
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter**
- Add oats, milk, Greek yogurt, ¼ banana, cinnamon and honey to Mason jar or resealable container or bowl.
- Stir with spoon to combine. Seal and chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy cold or heat up in microwave or stove-top. Top with peanut butter and remaining banana, along with any additional toppings, such as chia or flax seeds, berries or chopped walnuts.
*If dairy free, substitute with almond, coconut or soy alternatives.
**If peanut or nut allergy, substitute with peanut- or nut-free alternative, such as sunflower, soy, pumpkin or chickpea butter.
Serving Size: 1 jar/container
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Dietary fiber: 4g
- Protein: 20g
- Sodium: 700mg