Avocado toast is the perfect heart-healthy breakfast or snack, and ours — garnished with fresh cucumber, radish and watercress — may have you swearing off jam and hazelnut spread forever.
- 1 tablespoon mint, fresh, stemmed, finely chopped
- 1/4 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 30 pieces toasted crostini or melba toast
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cucumber, ribboned with a veg peeler
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup watercress (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together mint, juice and zest from 1/4 lemon, tomato and white wine vinegar. Set aside.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add the yogurt and the remaining lemon juice. Mash everything with a fork.
- Spread avocado mixture evenly between the toasts (about 1 teaspoon each). Sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper. Top with 1 cucumber ribbon and 1 radish slice. Spoon tomato salsa on top.
Serving size: 3 toasts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 71
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Protein: 2g
- Dietary fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 82mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg