Our focus is on supporting you before and after your kidney transplant with the best care possible to lead a full life.
Among the Best in the U.S. for Kidney Care
U.S. News & World Report rated Rush University Medical Center as a high-performing hospital for treating kidney failure.
The Rush Approach to Kidney Transplant
At Rush, our specialists are highly experienced in complex kidney transplants, consistently achieving higher than national average with patient survival rates of 100%.
Our team specializes in the full range of transplant needs — from common to complex cases. We will meet with you within two weeks of your first call to Rush.
When we meet with you, we take into account both your medical and emotional needs. Our goal is to help you return to leading a happy, healthy life.
Excellence in Kidney Transplant Care
- Excellent outcomes: Rush kidney transplant patients have excellent outcomes. The transplant program at Rush is a leader among transplant programs in Chicago, with a one-year patient survival rate in Illinois at 100%, according to the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients.
- Personalized care: Our team members are focused on education, support and helping you learn how to manage your care before and after your transplant.
- Specialized care for complex cases: If you have a complex health history — including having HIV or hepatitis C — Rush can help. We specialize in the most complex transplants, performing many successful kidney transplants for people who have had similar histories.
- Follow-up care where — and when — you need it: A transplant is a major surgery that requires lifelong follow-up care. We make it easy for you to get that care with a number of convenient locations in Chicago and Oak Brook.
- Second opinion services: If you're looking for a second opinion, Rush offers second opinion services to help you explore all your treatment options for kidney disease and renal failure, including kidney transplant.
- Help finding a kidney donor: Rush is participating in a clinical study that offers a free kidney transplant app to help people find a kidney donor by allowing them to share their story and their need for a donor. Patients who use the app are 6.6 times more likely to find a kidney donor.