Making an appointment
For more information or to make an appointment, call (312) 942-DIET (3438).
You do not need a referral, though getting one from your doctor may improve insurance coverage for your visit. Ask your primary care doctor to complete a referral, including the reason for the nutrition consultation. Please bring the referral to your appointment.
Rush University Medical Center
Triangle Office Building
1700 W. Van Buren St., Suite 425
Chicago, IL 60612
The Rush Nutrition and Wellness Center is less than one block from the Illinois Medical District CTA Blue Line stop and two blocks from the Polk CTA Pink Line stop.
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: By appointment
Insurance and payment information
- Payment: Payment is required at the time of service. The center accepts cash, checks and major credit cards. You will be provided with a letter that you can submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement. Contact the center to ask about discounted rates.
- Medicare: The Nutrition and Wellness Center accepts Medicare for some diabetes and renal nutrition counseling. Your primary care doctor or other referring health care specialist will submit the reason for the nutrition consultation. Contact the center if you have questions.
- Kristin Gustashaw, MS, RD, LDN, CSG. Specialty in nutrition for older adults, adult weight management and behavior change therapy.
- Hale Deniz-Venturi, MS, RD, ATC, LAT, CSSD. Specialty in sports nutrition, exercise physiology, eating disorders and weight management.