Stay Fit, 30 Minute Low Impact Workout
No Equipment is needed. Exercises can be done sitting in chair or standing, optional - soup cans or dumbbells
- Reach arms out to the sides then overhead and breathe in slowly. Then bring arms down to your sides and breathe out slowly. (3 times)
- Start with arms extended out in front of you. Open arms out to your sides, then return arms back to front. (3 times)
- Side reaches - Reach left arm overhead. Pull back down with elbow towards your side ribs. Repeat with right arm. Stay nice and tall in stature. (6 times on each side)
- March in place; pump your arms. (30-60 seconds)
- Lift knees left/right while tucking in abdominals. (10 repetitions) If sitting, keep back off the chair. To increase intensity add in kicks.
- While marching pumping your arms more vigorously. For a challenge, add weights in hands. (10 reps)
- Lift knees to cross, touching knee to opposite elbow. Keep abdominals tucked in maintaining a strong back. (10 reps)
- Return to marching with added intensity. (30-60 seconds)
- Biceps curls - Keeping elbows close to the body (10 reps)
- Overhead shoulder press - Pushing arms up and down to shoulder level. (10 reps)
- Triceps kickbacks - Pull elbows close to ribs, hinge forward at waist, pull arms back, bend and straighten arms from elbow. (10 reps)
- Crunch down with chest while lifting knees up toward your chest. (10 reps)
- Standing, arms in goal post position, side bend so that elbows reach towards your ribs. (10 reps each side)
- Hold arms out straight in front of you. Bring interlaced hands together, keep straightened and turning torso. (10 reps each side)
Repeat cardio, strength, and core sections up 3 times.
Cool down stretch
- Place hands on knees or hips. Drop left shoulder across body and turn to right side so you get a nice side stretch. Repeat with right shoulder to opposite side.
- Forward bend slowly to a comfortable stretch. Slowly come back up.
- Reach your hands behind your back. Lift your chest up and out to feel a nice stretch.
- Finally take a deep breath starting with arms out. Gather arms in and fill yourself with energy.
Way to do something positive for yourself!