Kale adds a healthy twist to the classic Waldorf salad. Rich in nutrients, including vitamins A and C, kale is one of the healthiest veggies around. And when you top it with a blend of fresh apples, red grapes, raisins and walnuts in a creamy dressing, the result is a salad everyone will love.
- 1 large apple
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons red grapes
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted, and chopped
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch kale (roughly 7-8 ounces), chopped
- ½ cup celery, diced
- Slice one apple in half; core and roughly chop half of the apple.
- Put 6 grapes, ¼ cup walnuts, 1 tablespoon raisins, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and chopped ½ apple into a food processor. Puree the mixture until it forms a thick dressing.
- Core and dice the remaining apple.
- Add the kale to a serving dish and top with the apple pieces and celery; add remaining raisins, walnuts and grapes.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until salad is well coated.
- If dressing appears too thick, add water or more lemon juice to thin as needed.
Serving Size: ½ cup
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 93
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2g
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Sodium: 34mg