Our flavorful Vietnamese-inspired chicken lettuce wraps make a delicious low-carb lunch or dinner any time.
- 10 lettuce leaves. Boston, romaine, iceberg, butter and green leaf are the types of lettuce most commonly used for wraps, so you can just pick your favorite.
- 1 stalk scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or rice cooking wine
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 3 pinches white pepper powder
- 1 pound ground or finely chopped chicken breast
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 6 water chestnut slices, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- Scallion, thinly sliced
- Lime, cut into wedges
- Radish, thinly sliced
Sweet chili sauce:
- 10 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 ½ teaspoons lime juice
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- 7 ½ tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 ½ teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 5 tablespoons warm water
- Whisk together first seven ingredients. Combine with chicken, mushrooms, water chestnuts and carrots. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Mix the two separate dipping sauces. Set aside.
- Heat up skillet and add the cooking oil. Sauté the garlic until lightly browned and then add the chicken. Stir-fry chicken filling, making sure to break up the lumps. Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked. Place cooked filling in bowl.
- Prepare lettuce leaves flat and portion 2 tablespoons of filling onto each lettuce leaf.
- Garnish with scallion, lime and radish.
- Serve with hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce.
Serving Size: 2 lettuce wraps plus 1 ounce of sweet chili sauce and 1 ounce of hoisin-soy sauce
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 133-155
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 17.6g
Total Carbohydrates: 6.2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 350-566mg
- Cholesterol: 45mg