Bring a touch of France to your next brunch or dinner party. Bursting with fresh strawberries and banana, and drizzled with a sweet balsamic reduction sauce, these elegant crêpes will impress and delight your guests. But with 168 calories and 2 grams of fat per serving, they only taste decadent!
- 18 ounces balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup egg substitute
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Optional: Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Optional: Mint and whipped cream, for garnish
- In a saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until liquid has thickened to 6 ounces (about 30-40 minutes; it's done when it begins to smell sweet).
- Place crêpe ingredients in the blender in the order listed. Use an electric blender to combine the ingredients. Make sure all flour is blended without clumps or flour sticking to the sides.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and strawberries in separate bowl and set aside.
- Using an 8-inch pan, add enough cooking spray to grease the entire pan. Add ¼ cup of batter to the center of the pan and immediately, but gently, tilt and swirl the pan to spread the batter out evenly. Cook until the crêpe begins to bubble and is lightly browned and the batter is set (about 45 seconds to 1 minute). Set crêpe aside to cool.
- Place ½ cup of strawberries and ¼ of a banana in a line on each crêpe and roll.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction sauce.
- Garnish with powdered sugar, mint and/or a small dollop of light whipped cream.
Serving Size: 2 6-inch crepes
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 168
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Protein: 3.4g
Total Carbohydrates: 44g
- Dietary fiber: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 91mg