Looking for a way to breathe delicious new life into leftover poultry? You'll love the slow-cooked flavor of our cream of turkey (or, if you prefer, chicken) soup.
- 4 cups cooked turkey, skinless and chopped (chicken works well, too)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 6 cups chicken broth (consider low sodium)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 regular size cans condensed cream of mushroom
- soup (do not reconstitute)
- 1 clove minced garlic (or 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked white or wild rice
- Add turkey (or chicken), onions, celery, carrots and peas to slow cooker.
- Stir in broth and soup, garlic, green onion, parsley and bay leaf.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Prepare rice as directed and add to soup before serving.
- Consider blending soup in a blender for a smooth consistent texture.
Serving size: 1/8 of the pot
Amount per serving
- Calories: 335
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 118mg