Looking for a delicious dinner that doesn’t require a lot of effort? Look no further. A little bit of chopping, put all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and go about your day. The fork-tender chicken and flavorful veggies will win over even the pickiest eaters. Recipe courtesy of the Rush Cancer Supportive Care team; adapted from tasteofhome.com.
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 8 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 ¾ pounds chicken breasts (about 6 breasts)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons paprika
- Place carrots, celery and potatoes in 6-quart slow cooker. Place chicken over vegetables.
- Mix chicken broth, minced garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, oil and paprika together in small bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cook, covered on low, for 6 to 8 hours or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165⁰F.
Serving Size: 3 ounces of chicken and ½ cup vegetables
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Dietary fiber: 4g
- Protein: 35g
- Sodium: 150 mg