We've given brownies a zingy twist (pun intended) for a sinfully delicious dessert without the guilt.
- 15-oz can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon orange flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the black beans, chocolate chips and oil in a food processor.
- Cover and pulse until beans are even and smooth.
- Add eggs, sugar, cocoa, instant coffee, orange flavor, vanilla, baking powder and salt; cover and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a parchment paper lined 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.
Serving size: 1 2x2-inch brownie
Amount per serving
- Calories: 235
- Fat: 12g
Total carbohydrates: 29g
- Dietary fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g
- Sodium: 6g