Satisfy your chocolate cravings with our lighter take on dark chocolate mousse. It's so rich, creamy and chocolate-y, we don't think you'll miss the fat and calories of traditional mousse — and you'll benefit from the "healthy fats" found in our secret ingredient: avocado.
- 4 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (72% or higher), melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 large strawberries, sliced
- Remove avocados from the skin (remove pit as well) and place in a food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients. Blend until pureed. Scrape down the sides when needed.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve mousse in individual bowls. Top with strawberry slices or layer the mousse and strawberries. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint (if desired).
Serving Size: ½ cup
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 200
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Protein: 2g
Total carbohydrates: 18g
- Dietary Fiber: 12g
- Sodium: 10mg