Instead of fast food, serve your kids these tasty (and easy to prepare) chicken tenders. They'll love the juicy white meat, cornmeal coating, and sweet and tangy berry-mustard dipping sauce. You'll love that a serving of these tenders has 1/3 the calories and 1/6 the fat of a 5-piece McDonald's Chicken Selects.
- 1 cup fresh blackberries or raspberries, finely crushed
- 1 ½ tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut in half crosswise
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- Crush blackberries (or raspberries) and mix with mustard and honey in a small bowl until it looks like a chunky sauce. Set aside.
- Spray pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken tenders with pepper. Place cornmeal in a medium bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat (discard any leftover cornmeal).
- Bake chicken tenders for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown. (Leave fan on while cooking if using a convection oven)
- Serve with 2 tablespoons of berry mustard on the side.
Serving Size: 3 ounces, about 5 pieces, and 2 tablespoons of sauce
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 192
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 29g
Total carbohydrates: 8g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Sodium: 148mg