These protein-packed egg muffins are a healthy way to start your day. Bake a pan the night before, and reheat a few muffins in the morning for a quick but satisfying breakfast. Recipe courtesy of the Rush Cancer Supportive Care team; adapted from theyummy.com.
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup skim milk*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray or paper liners.
- Crack eggs into large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add oil and red pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add spinach and mushrooms, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir cooked vegetables into egg mixture. Pour egg and vegetable mixture evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
*If dairy free, substitute with unflavored milk alternative of choice.
**Customize ingredients by adding or substituting with your favorite vegetables. For more protein, add black beans, ground turkey or 1 ounce of cheese to each muffin (adding these ingredient will change the nutrition information.)
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Dietary fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 94mg