Safe Care at Rush:
Rush has taken the necessary steps to ensure it's a safe place for treatment. Learn more.
Due to construction work related to Rush’s new cancer and neurosciences building, some lanes will be closed on Ashland Avenue near Harrison Street, as well as Congress Parkway. Please avoid Ashland Avenue and Congress Parkway and allow extra time. To learn more about alternative routes to reach Rush destinations on Harrison Street, including the main parking garage and Professional Building, please visit this web page.
About Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush (MOR) is one of the nation's most respected and busiest private orthopedic practices in the country. Through a partnership with Rush University Medical Center, MOR’s board certified physicians provide orthopedic care for thousands of patients each year at locations across the Chicago area and Northwest Indiana.
Whatever your issue, MOR has experts who are trained to address it. Our dedicated subspecialty focus means you’re getting care from doctors who have a wealth of experience helping people with your condition — including the most complex cases — and are able to draw on that expertise to find the right solution for you.
Rush University Medical Center, in partnership with MOR, is ranked No. 5 in the nation and best in Illinois by U.S. News & World Report — and we are ranked among the top 10 year after year. This ranking reflects more than just the outstanding clinical care we provide; it acknowledges that our doctors are renowned thought leaders, innovators and educators.
- Chicago's top doctors: Chicago magazine's January 2020 list of top doctors includes five MOR specialists. To come up with the list, the magazine asks physicians and medical leadership of leading hospitals to identify highly skilled, exceptional doctors.
- High marks for patient satisfaction: Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush specialists focus on giving every patient the best possible outcome and experience — and it shows. More than 98% of patients who were surveyed said they would probably or definitely recommend us for orthopedic care. That’s higher than the average percentages for all Illinois hospitals (94.6%) and a group of 251 comparable academic medical centers nationwide (94.9%).
- Less time in the hospital after surgery: When you have orthopedic or spine surgery, you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the hospital. Thanks to our extensive experience with minimally invasive surgery, inventive approaches to pain management and highly-skilled rehabilitation specialists, we’re often able to send you home sooner, without jeopardizing your safe recovery.
- Professional-level care — for you: Many professional and collegiate athletes exclusively trust MOR specialists for their care. We serve as team doctors for the Chicago Bulls, Chicago White Sox, Chicago Fire, DePaul Blue Demons, Chicago Dogs minor league baseball team, U.S. soccer and rugby, the Joffrey Ballet, Hubbard Street Dance Company and other organizations. And you don’t have to be a world-class athlete to receive world-class MOR orthopedic care; our specialists treat every patient with the same know-how, compassion and attention to detail.
- Giving you more treatment options through clinical trials. As one of the world’s leading orthopedic research centers, Rush University Medical Center offers a wide range of clinical trials for musculoskeletal and spine conditions and injuries. So we’re able to offer you the latest treatments before they’re widely available, like biologic therapies, customized implants (including 3D-printed devices), new surgical approaches and more.
- Convenient one-stop orthopedic care: In the Sofija and Jorge O. Galante Orthopedic Building, our flagship location on the Rush University Medical Center campus, you can receive all of the care you'll need without having to leave the building: clinic appointments, imaging tests, nonsurgical and surgical treatment, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and prosthetics and orthotics.