From autism and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) to brain tumors and meningitis, pediatric neurologists in the Section of Pediatric Neurology at Rush personalize care for each child. The team offers compassionate care that focuses on allowing children to enjoy a good quality of life.
At Rush, a team of child psychiatrists, psychologists and behavioral pediatricians might also be involved in your child’s care. They will partner with you and the neurology team to address behavioral problems often linked to brain issues in children.
Rush also has these specialized neurology clinics:
Remarkable Care for Kids
- Clinical excellence: Rush offers a number of specialized clinics for children with complex neurologic conditions, including fragile X syndrome, Rett syndrome, muscular dystrophy and epilepsy. The Rush Rett Multidisciplinary Clinic is one of only 14 designated Rett Syndrome Clinical Research Center of Excellence by Rettsyndrome.org (formerly known as the International Rett Syndrome Foundation). The fragile X clinic is the only clinic of its kind in the Chicago area.
- Leaders in pediatric neurology: Leading clinician-researchers in pediatric neurology at Rush are dedicated to finding new approaches and treatments for rare neurologic diseases in children, including Niemann-Pick disease type C and fragile X syndrome.
- Access to clinical trials: Through a clinical trial, Rush is the first center in the Midwest, and one of only eleven in the U.S., currently screening patients and offering VTS-270, a new drug being studied as a possible way to slow the progression of Niemann-Pick disease type C.
- Family-centered care: The heart of Rush University Children’s Hospital is family-centered care, which means you will be involved in every care decision for your child. Pediatric neurologists at Rush believe children’s families are integral members of the care team.
- Care close to home: Pediatric neurologists from Rush University Children's Hospital see patients at a number of convenient locations. They are available to see patients at our Rush campus in Chicago, Rush Copley Medical Center in Aurora and at a satallite location in Hoffman Estates.