Children and adults with fragile X syndrome have unique medical, behavioral and educational needs. You and your loved ones will get personalized care and evaluation at the Fragile X Syndrome Clinic at Rush — the only clinic for this genetic disorder in Chicago.
The clinic provides comprehensive care, including the following:
- Medical assessments of associated neurological issues (e.g., seizures)
- Treatment to manage symptoms (e.g., medications, referrals for complementary therapies)
- Family counseling and education
To make an appointment:
- Patients must already have a fragile X syndrome diagnosis.
- The clinic schedules appointments two to three months in advance.
Remarkable Care for Kids
- Comprehensive care for fragile X syndrome: The Fragile X Clinic at Rush offers comprehensive care, family counseling and diagnosis of fragile X syndrome. This is the only fragile X clinic in Chicago.
- Access to clinical trials: Pediatric neurologists at Rush University Children's Hospital are clinician-researchers who are leading research studies that focus on novel approaches to treating children with fragile X.
- Family-centered care: The heart of Rush University Children’s Hospital is family-centered care. Your child's care team believes your family should play an integral role in determining the best care plan to address your child’s unique needs and lifestyle.