For patients who received a letter on improperly disclosed information by a claims processing vendor, read more.
Expressive Language Sampling as an Outcome Measure
The goal of this research study is to learn more about how samples of spoken language can be used to measure change over time in the spoken language, problem solving and behavior of individuals with genetic syndromes like fragile X syndrome. In the future, it is possible that measures of spoken language production may be useful as one way to learn whether different drugs can help individuals with genetic syndromes to learn and use language more effectively.
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Have had a confirmed diagnosis of Fragile X syndrome.
- Are between ages 6 and 23 years old.
- Have at least two to three word utterances.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Do not meet age requirements.
- Do not meet the level of functioning necessary for testing (two to three word utterances).
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements.