Clinical Trial TitleVirtual lifestyle program to boost host resistance in patients with elevated cardiometabolic risk: A proof-of-concept study.
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The purpose of this study is to determine the feasibility and acceptability of delivering a lifestyle program using a virtual platform. ELM is a 12-week intensive lifestyle program aimed at reversing the metabolic syndrome and helping people lose weight. We are recruiting approximately 12 participants from Rush University Medical Center, University of Missouri-Kansas City, and University of Colorado, Denver. If you are interested in changing your lifestyle by learning how to eat healthy, move more, and manage your stress, this may be the right study for you.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Meet the definition for metabolic syndrome, having 3 or more risk factors, such as teh following:
- High blood pressure
- Large waist
- High blood sugar
- Low HDL-cholesterol
- High triglycerides
- Meet the definition for overweight.
- Are 18 years of age or older.
- Are interested in and motivated to eat healthier and move more.
- Are comfortable using technology.
You will be excluded from the study if any of the following criteria apply to you:
- Have a history of heart disease, stroke, or diabetes.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.