Clinical Trial TitleDiet and Dementia Prevention in Ischemic Stroke Patients
National Clinical Trial Number:NCT04337255
Clinical Trial Protocol Description:
The purpose of the NOURISH study is to test the effects of a 2- to 3- year intervention of the MIND diet versus usual post-stroke care on cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s disease and vascular disease in patients hospitalized for an acute ischemic stroke, and discharged home. A total of 500 patients will be recruited for this study. The NOURISH study consists of two study groups. Patients enrolled in the study will be randomly assigned to one of the two study groups.
Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria:
In order to participate you must meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 55 and 80.
- Have been hospitalized for an acute ischemic stroke and discharged home.
- Are not cognitively impaired.
- Have clear vision and speech.
- Are willing to complete all data collection visits and intervention meetings.
This is a partial list of eligibility requirements. To inquire about your eligibility, please call the contact number provided. If you wish to inquire via email, please include the title of the study in your message.