Video visits give you a faster, easier way to check in with a weight management expert. You can use your computer, smartphone or tablet for a private, secure visit from your home.
What is the Cost for Video Visits?
We offer video visits for a self-pay fee of $90 per visit. Video visits are not reimbursable by insurance, but health savings account (HSA) funds may be used.
Who is Eligible?
You will be able to take advantage of video visits if you meet the following:
- Are currently being treated by a weight loss or bariatric surgery specialist at Rush.
- Access to a home computer, laptop or smart device with a high-speed internet connection, as well as a web camera and microphone. When using a smart device for your appointment, you will need to download the My Rush app in advance.
- A scale. Any scale will work, but we recommend a Bluetooth-enabled smart scale that will automatically upload statistics, including your body mass index (BMI), to MyChart so your provider can easily track detailed results.
Talk to your provider to see if video visits are right for you. You can always reach us through MyChart or the My Rush mobile app.
Rush Excellence in Weight Management
- Multidisciplinary team: Our specialists are committed to understanding your unique needs — both physical and emotional — to give you a weight loss program that works best for you.
- Comprehensive options: You will have access to a variety of treatment options, including fitness training, nutritional counseling, behavioral therapy and medically supervised weight loss.
- Experienced bariatric surgeons: For people with significant weight concerns, minimally invasive bariatric surgery is the most effective way to lose weight and reduce the risk of obesity-related health problems, including diabetes and heart disease.
- Access and convenience: Specialists at our various locations work with one another to ensure access to the treatment that is best for you.