Because women can have different kinds of heart disease and experience heart disease differently than men — including having some unique risk factors and symptoms — they need heart care designed just for them.
That’s exactly what you’ll find at Rush, home to the first heart program in Chicago devoted exclusively to women.
Here, women with heart problems or who are at risk for them are diagnosed and treated by a team that includes cardiologists, neurologists, cardio-oncologists, nurse practitioners and nutritionists. These compassionate specialists draw on the latest research and technology, as well as decades of experience helping women with heart disease.
These are among the services available at or through the Rush Heart Center for Women:
- A wide range of diagnostic tests to help ensure an accurate diagnosis
- The latest medications
- A full range of surgical and minimally invasive techniques to treat everything from heart attack to blocked arteries to faulty heart valves
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy to treat severe heart failure
- Risk assessments — including genetic testing — and education to help prevent heart disease and stroke
- Complimentary nutritional counseling
- Advanced lipid testing
- Cardiocognitive assessment through our Cardiology Cognitive Clinic
- Second opinions