Rush’s multidisciplinary post-COVID care clinic is dedicated to helping people who are struggling with aftereffects of COVID-19.
The Rush Approach to Post-COVID Care
In this past year, we have learned how to treat COVID-19 more effectively and many people are able to recover fully from COVID-19. However, we’re also now seeing that some people are facing long-lasting health effects from COVID-19.
That’s why Rush has established a post-COVID care clinic at Rush University Medical Center. Our expert team understands that there are many unknowns when it comes to life after COVID-19. And we are dedicated to guiding you through every step of your care. At the clinic, you will work closely with our patient navigator who will help coordinate your care and connect you with a team of providers dedicated to helping you get back to health.
The post-COVID care clinic does not offer COVID-19 testing or antibody testing.
What to Expect at the Clinic?
When you come to the clinic, you will work closely with your patient navigator. The navigator will assist you with determining what type of specialists can address the aftereffects of COVID you are experiencing.
From there, we will connect you with our scheduling team who will check appointment availability and give you directions for finding the appointment location. Some of the specialists you may work with include the following:
- Allergists for medication and environmental allergies
- Cardiologists for heart problems
- Pulmonologists for respiratory issues
- Neurologists and neuropsychiatrists for cognitive issues
- Physical medicine specialists for issues with physical mobility
- Psychologists for social, emotional and psychological challenges
Further, one of the most effective ways to manage your health after COVID is to establish a strong relationship with your primary care provider. We will coordinate your care with your provider — and, if you don’t have a primary care provider, we will help connect you with one.
Some providers are available for telehealth appointments. Rush telehealth appointments can only be provided to residents of Illinois.
Is This Clinic Right for You?
Currently, we are seeing people who have had COVID-19 are experiencing one or more aftereffects of COVID (sometimes referred to as COVID long haulers). These symptoms may include he following:
- Pneumonia and other respiratory conditions
- Rapid hearth rate or chest pain
- Brain fog and other cognitive challenges
Excellence in Post-COVID Care
- A leader in COVID-19 care: Rush has been a national leader in caring for patients with COVID-19. Our care teams have treatments that are now being used across the country to help improve outcomes for patients who have COVID-19. Here, you will be receiving the best possible care for this novel disease from a dedicated to improving health outcomes.
- Research opportunities: Researchers at Rush are actively involved in studies that are looking at the long-term effects of COVID-19, as well as treatments and therapies to address these effects. Patients in the post-COVID clinic will have an opportunity to participate in these studies, which may give you access to treatments once they are available. Participating in these studies also allows you to play a role in helping the health care community at large determine new and effective ways to fight COVID-19 across the world.