Whether children are born with a kidney condition or develop one later in childhood, they need specialized care. Experts in the pediatric nephrology program at Rush University Children's Hospital diagnose and treat kidney and urinary tract disorders in children, including kidney disease and urinary tract infections.
Your child’s care at Rush will focus on the following:
- Curing the disease when possible
- Managing symptoms
- Slowing disease progression
- Improving quality of life
The program also offers these specialized services:
- Pediatric hypertension center: Treats children with blood pressure problems.
- Chronic kidney disease program: Takes a comprehensive approach to managing this condition.
- End-stage renal disease program: Features the only in-house, dedicated hemodialysis center for children in Chicago.
- Pediatric kidney transplant program: Provides transplant-related care for children of all ages, from infants to young adults.