At Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush Oak Brook, you can receive academic health system level care — without traveling far from home.
What to Expect in Oak Park and Oak Brook for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Easy patient access: At Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush Oak Brook, you can see neurological providers in a facility close to home and with free parking.
- Connected care: All Rush locations share an electronic medical record, so your providers will be able to share records with each other. You won't need to re-share the same information at each location you visit.
- Close coordination across Rush: At Rush Oak Park Hospital, our general neurologists work closely with neurologists in downtown Chicago. If you need care from a neurologist who specializes in a specific condition (a subspecialist), they can refer you to Chicago for additional expertise and clinical trials.
- Neurosurgery in the western suburbs: At Rush Oak Brook, you have access to brain surgery and spine surgery services. Rush neurosurgeons offer some movement disorder, brain tumor, epilepsy and spine surgeries at this location. These include focused ultrasound for essential tremor and parkinsonian tremor and deep brain stimulation. Your neurosurgeon can talk with you about the best location for your surgery.
- Stroke care: Rush Oak Park is part of the Rush Telestroke Network. That means that they consult virtually with stroke experts at Rush University Medical Center during a stroke emergency. They also offer outpatient speech, occupational and physical therapy for patients who need after-stroke care. Rush Oak Park also has inpatient acute rehab and a Skilled Care Unit (sub-acute rehab).