Neuro-ophthalmologists diagnose and treat vision disorders that may be due to a neurological condition, such as the following:
Below are some of the vision problems they address:
- Double vision (can be caused by stroke, brain tumor or other causes)
- Blurred vision caused by optic nerve disorders
- Defects in the visual field (how well you see objects with side vision while your eyes focus on a central point)
- Trouble moving the eyes
- Unequal pupils
- Spasms or weakness in eyelids
- Vision changes following neurological surgery or from migraines
When necessary, they collaborate with other brain or eye specialists to determine a treatment plan.
Nationally ranked care
The neurology and neurosurgery programs at Rush are ranked No. 8 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.