When your kidneys aren’t working properly, it affects all aspects of your health. Nephrologists at Rush treat a wide range of kidney conditions, including kidney disease, kidney stones and kidney failure.
Your care at Rush will focus on the following:
- Curing your disease when possible
- Managing symptoms
- Slowing disease progression
- Improving your quality of life
The nephrology team at Rush has developed innovative treatments for kidney disease, including slowing the progression of kidney disease in people with diabetes. In addition, the interventional nephrology program specializes in providing routine and complex care for the management of hemodialysis fistulae, grafts and catheters.
Nephrologists at Rush collaborate with other specialists to care for patients whose kidney disease has caused other problems. This includes the following:
- Special care for patients who have developed anemia as a result of their kidney disease
- Care for people with advanced kidney disease who need a kidney transplant or kidney-pancreas transplant
The nephrology program at Rush is consistently named among the best in the country by U.S.News & World Report.