Whether you need surgery for colon cancer, fecal incontinence, hemorrhoids or Crohn’s disease, colon and rectal surgeons at Rush can help. They offer specialized care for these and many other conditions that affect your large intestine.
This care is designed around your needs:
- Rush colon and rectal surgeons can almost always see you within a week of your appointment request.
- They offer evening hours on Tuesdays (until 7 p.m.) for your convenience.
When you meet with your surgeon, he or she will discuss all of your options and help you choose the right one for you.
Leaders in minimally invasive techniques
Whenever possible, Rush colon and rectal surgeons use minimally invasive techniques, which involve smaller incisions or no incisions at all. As leaders in the field, they helped pioneer many minimally invasive procedures, including the following:
- Colorectal laparoscopy
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Intestinal robotic surgery
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery
The benefits of these procedures include less pain, shorter recovery times and reduced scarring. But they’re not the best options for everyone. So surgeons at Rush also specialize in open surgery for those who need it.