Getting Started with MyChart
RUSH Primary, Virtual First relies on MyChart. Make sure you are registered in order to:
- Contact your care team. Many non-urgent medical questions can be dealt with without a visit. Simply send a message on MyChart. For any emergencies, always go to the closest emergency department.
- Adjust your treatment plan. You don’t have to suffer from side effects or ongoing symptoms until your next appointment. Reach out any time. When you’re dealing with an ongoing issue, we message you on MyChart to check in.
- Know your health. MyChart is a fast and easy way to review your health conditions, medications, test results and more. Want to look at your treatment goals and your treatment plan? Find your plan by selecting the "Visits" section and clicking “View Notes.” For a summary, go to “My Plan of Care” in MyChart.
- Check in for appointments. Using MyChart to check in helps us plan your visit and allows us to maximize the time to focus on your needs. We will text you beforehand with a link to check in.
- Schedule appointments. Online scheduling through MyChart makes it easy.
- Keep loved ones and caregivers informed. MyChart allows family access for those who have others as part of their care team. In MyChart, select “Request Family Access” under the main menu.
- Refill your medications. Use MyChart to easily request medication refills.
- Request letters for return-to-work or excused absence. We can provide letters needed for your absence from or return to work. Please allow three business days for us to complete your request.