Making the most of your time with your physician can make a big impact on your overall health and wellness. Here are some ways you can prepare for your appointment at Rush:
- If there are a number of symptoms bothering you, write them down. The more information you give to your doctors, the better their opportunity to treat you effectively.
- Write down a list of questions before your appointment to help you make sure you get a chance to voice all of your concerns.
- Prepare a list of the medications you currently take and the dosages.
What to bring
- If you’re facing a complicated or difficult condition, bring a friend or family member with you. This person can offer support while also taking notes and asking additional questions.
- Call ahead if you need an interpreter or any assistive devices.
- Don’t forget to bring your photo ID, insurance card and cash, check or a credit card.