Making the most of your time with your physician can make a big impact on your overall health and wellness. Here are some ways you can prepare for your appointment at Rush:
Prepare for an in-person appointment
- If there are a number of symptoms bothering you, write them down. The more information you give to your doctors, the better their opportunity to treat you effectively.
- Write down a list of questions before your appointment to help you make sure you get a chance to voice all of your concerns.
- Prepare a list of the medications you currently take and the dosages.
Skip the waiting room
Most of our clinics now offer the opportunity for you to skip the waiting room by using the My Rush app. This allows you to practice social distancing as you wait for your appointment.
Before entering the clinic, click the arrival button in the My Rush app. We’ll alert you via text message when your room is ready, and it’s almost time for your appointment. You can then head into the clinic and our staff will direct you to your exam room. Watch this short video for more details.
What to bring
- While we typically encourage patients to bring a friend or family member to appointments for complex health conditions, Rush is currently not allowing visitors in most of our inpatient and outpatient areas to best protect our patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic. But you can bring a phone or tablet along so your loved one can be on a call or video chat during your appointment and talk to your provider.
- Call ahead if you need an interpreter or any assistive devices.
- Don’t forget to bring your photo ID, insurance card and cash, check or a credit card.
Prepare for a virtual appointment
During a scheduled video visit, you will have a one-on-one video chat with your provider about your health issue. If you need prescriptions, your provider will send them to your pharmacy of choice.
Download the app
Before you join your scheduled video visit, download the My Rush app on the App Store (iOS) or from Google Play (Android). If you already have the app, please verify that you are on the latest version.
Tips for a successful video visit
- Write down any questions you may have before your appointment so you can refer to them when talking to your provider.
- Have a list of your current medications on hand — you will enter this information during the check-in process.
- Have your MyChart credentials on hand. If you don't have a MyChart account, you can create one for free in the app or on MyChart.
- Position yourself in a quiet, well-lit and private area. To ensure your safety and privacy, be aware of your surroundings while conducting a visit.
- Ensure you are connected to secure Wi-Fi with a strong signal and a fully charged device.
For routine convenient care or COVID-19 concerns, Rush also offers on-demand video visits. On-demand video visits connect you with the first available provider and do not require an appointment. You can get care in as little as 20 minutes for cold, flu, COVID-19 concerns, minor injuries and more.