Watermelon is already a standard of many summer barbecues, so give it a savory twist by turning it into a salad with blueberries and feta cheese. And with only a handful of healthy ingredients, try it the next time you need an easy side dish for an impromptu gathering.
- 8 cups diced watermelon
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 oz (1 cup) feta cheese — can use less
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional additions: 1/4 cup red onion, 1/2 cup cucumber
- Add the diced watermelon, blueberries, mint and feta cheese to the bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour over the fruit, mint and feta mixture.
- Gently mix to combine. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings
Amount Per Serving
Sodium: 213 mg