Nothing warms you up on a chilly day quite like a bowl of homemade soup. Get the flavors of fall with this roasted vegetable soup that’s easy to make and can be customized to your tastes.
- 10-12 Roma tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 cans of white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- Remove seeds and stems from bell peppers and skin from the onion.
- Cut vegetables in half and place on baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables at 420° for 30 minutes.
- Mince garlic and sauté with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until soft.
- Add rinsed beans and stock to pan. Add vegetables and simmer until finished.
- Blend combination until smooth. Serve with multigrain bread or crackers.
Number of Servings: 6
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 214
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Fat: 0g
- Protein: 11g
- Sodium: 388 mg