This assortment of roasted vegetables, nuts and fruit provides a healthy and delicious mixture of sweet and savory flavors. It makes a festive addition to your holiday meal, but you can enjoy this tasty side dish any time.
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 4 cups cubed sweet potatoes (1 large or 2 small)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease two foil-lined baking sheets.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Remove ends and any spots on the skin, but keep the majority of the skin on for extra fiber. Cut sweet potato into one inch cubes. Arrange on baking sheet. Avoid crowding if you want crispy potatoes.
- Drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil and maple syrup.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts. Trim the ends and remove outer leaves. Cut in half and arrange on baking sheet. Drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Roast sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts for 25 minutes. Stir halfway through.
- Once finished roasting, combine sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, pecans, cranberries and pomegranates in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
Amount per serving (makes 10 servings)
- Calories: 296
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Fat: 20g
- Protein: 4g