Fire up the grill (or grill pan) for our hearty but healthy steak and asparagus salad, topped with crumbled turkey bacon and lowfat blue cheese.
- 3-4 oz lean steak*
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- 3 cups spinach
- 4 stalks asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 thin slices of red onion
- 1 slice turkey bacon, finely chopped
- 1 oz lowfat blue cheese, crumbled
*Lean cuts include eye round roast, sirloin tip side steak, top round roast and steak, bottom round roast and steak, and top sirloin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle seasonings onto both sides of meat. Use as much as you like! Use more if you enjoy spicy food.
- Cook steak. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet to medium. Place seasoned steak onto skillet and cook 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on how done you prefer your steak.
- Roast asparagus. Lay asparagus on baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Place spinach, roasted asparagus, tomatoes and red onion on a large dinner plate. Sprinkle with chopped bacon and crumbled cheese.
- Make dressing by whisking together olive oil, balsamic and mustard.
- Complete salad by laying steak on top of vegetables and drizzling with dressing.
Serving size: 4 cups vegetables, 3 oz meat, 1 oz dressing
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 409
- Saturated Fat: 10.1g
- Protein: 30,5g
- Dietary fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 769.1mg
- Cholesterol: 87.5mg