As we begin to reopen Rush University Medical Center for elective procedures and in-person care, we are putting your safety first. For information about COVID-19, see the latest updates. Rush accepts donations to support our response effort, staff, and patients and families.
Rush University Surgeons
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
About Rush University Surgeons
Due to construction work related to Rush’s new cancer and neurosciences building, some lanes will be closed on Ashland Avenue near Harrison Street, as well as Congress Parkway. Please avoid Ashland Avenue and Congress Parkway and allow extra time. To learn more about alternative routes to reach Rush destinations on Harrison Street, including the main parking garage and Professional Building, please visit this web page.
Rush University Surgeons is a General Surgery practice with four specialty teams. These include GI Surgery, Breast, Colon-Rectal, and Surgical Oncology. Our teams of dedicated surgeons are supported by nurses, medical assistants, mid-level providers and administrative support staff who all work together to assure a premier patient experience.
At Rush University Surgeons we are committed to providing excellent patient care through ease of appointment scheduling and prompt response to patient's concerns.
Patient Forms and Resources
- New Patient Questionnaire [PDF]
- Breast Surgery Patient Initial History Form [DOC]
Colon-Rectal Surgery Forms
- Before your first visit:
- Preparing for Colon and Rectal Surgery [PDF]
- Preparing for Same-Day Admission Surgery [PDF]
- Preparing for Sigmoidoscopy (No Sedation, in Clinic) [PDF]
- Preparing for Sigmoidoscopy (With Sedation, Endoscopy Suite) [PDF]
- Preparing for Colonoscopy-Miralax [PDF]
- After Surgery
- We do validate parking tickets at the front desk for the garage; the fee is $8.00 for the day. There is no time limit.
- Valet parking is available at the lobby of the Professional Building. Parking rates range from $12.75 to $14.25. We do not validate for valet parking.
- Parking is discounted to $8.00 with an official handicap placard/license plate.
- Discounted parking stickers are available at the Atrium Information desk. Books of five stickers may be purchased for $20. There is no expiration date.