Renewing Health, One Day at a Time
Rush SurgiCenter was designed to produce the best outpatient surgical experience. From our helpful, knowledgeable staff to the warm, inviting design of our facility, "patient friendly" is the term that best describes Rush SurgiCenter.
The SurgiCenter's close affiliation with the Rush system means that you will receive the same quality care you have come to expect from one of the area's leading medical institutions . Rush SurgiCenter is also accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
Rush SurgiCenter’s four operating rooms are all equipped with the most advanced medical equipment and safety features, enabling us to provide the highest level of care. To ensure your comfort, we have been thoughtful in the center’s design from the waiting area to the operating rooms.
Rush SurgiCenter by the Numbers
Thanks to improved technology, less invasive surgical techniques, advances in pain control, over 60% of all surgeries are now performed on an outpatient basis. Increasingly, many of common surgical procedures knee arthroscopy, shoulder arthroscopy, laparoscopic procedures, pain management injections and cataract removals are routinely performed on an outpatient basis.
- Among the nation’s best: Rush SurgiCenter was named one of America’s Best Ambulatory Surgery Centers by Newsweek in 2021. The list recognizes the 400 best centers in the 25 states that have the most ambulatory surgery facilities, based on quality of care, performance data, peer recommendations and how well facilities have responded to COVID-19. Rush SurgiCenter was rated No. 2 among the 14 Illinois centers on the list.
- Quality: Our uncompromising dedication to quality and patient service is evidenced by our patient satisfaction. Surveys show that both our patients and the physicians who use Rush SurgiCenter are very pleased with the overall experience of their outpatient surgery.
- Reduced cost: At Rush SurgiCenter, we're focused solely on outpatient procedures. This high level of specialization and reduced overhead allows us, in many cases, to accommodate certain procedures.
- Recovery in the privacy of your home: Surgery that does not disrupt your routine is more comfortable and can ease recovery. This is especially true for children, who are often afraid of being away from home or of spending the night alone.
- Fixed schedule: Due to the fact that Rush SurgiCenter performs only outpatient procedures, we are able to adhere more closely to our schedule.
- Convenience: Rush SurgiCenter was developed with the patient in mind. We've made it as easy as possible to access our location with convenient parking and a streamlined registration process for our patients to prepare for their procedures. This allows you to focus on what is most important – your healing process.
Ranked Among the Best in the U.S.
DNV Certified Hip & Knee Replacement Center
Rush SurgiCenter features four operating rooms, each equipped with the most advanced medical equipment available today. Both the operating rooms and the family visiting areas have been carefully designed for the ultimate in medical care and patient comfort at all levels - professional, technological and personal.