Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush - Rush Oak Park Hospital
About Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
If you live in the Oak Park-River Forest area, you can receive care from our nationally renowned physicians — right in your own backyard. Whatever your issue, however complex, Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush specialists have the expertise to provide you with the treatment that is most likely to help you feel and function better. This includes innovative options are not widely available.
- Nationally recognized experts: U.S. News & World Report ranks Rush University Medical Center No. 5 in the country and best in Illinois for orthopedics. Through our partnership with Rush University Medical Center, Midwest Orthopaedics provides the highest quality orthopedic care at a number of locations in the western suburbs, including Rush Oak Park Hospital.
- Trusted by the pros: We're honored to serve as the team doctors for the Chicago Bulls, Chicago White Sox and many other professional, collegiate and high school teams and organizations, helping some of the area's elite athletes get and stay healthy. And we provide that same caliber of care to each and every patient. Our team uses state-of-the-art nonsurgical and surgical treatments, like biologics and minimally invasive surgery, to treat a full range of injuries and help you get back to leading an active life.
- Making surgery easier on you: If you need surgery, our team will coordinate every aspect of your care and provide comprehensive education, so you know exactly what to expect throughout the entire process. And even if you have your procedure downtown, you can still schedule follow-up appointments and physical therapy sessions in Oak Park for your convenience. Our surgeons, many of whom are leaders in their fields, offer surgical approaches and pain protocols that can help you go home sooner and recover faster, with less pain and less need for opioid pain medications. For instance, we offer robotic hip and knee replacement at both our downtown and Oak Park locations.
- On-site physical therapy: Our compassionate, highly-skilled physical therapists will partner with you to help you reach your goals, whether therapy is your only treatment or you're rehabilitating after surgery. They'll customize your plan using both time-tested and emerging therapies to make sure you get the most out of each session. And they'll coordinate with your orthopedic specialist to make any necessary adjustments as you go along.
- Research that informs your care: MOR physicians are part of one of the world’s leading orthopedic translational research programs, with groundbreaking work on everything from designing better joint implants and developing patient-specific rods and cages for spinal reconstruction, to reducing postsurgical infection rates. Our physicians are widely published in prestigious journals and frequently win major awards for their research. These studies provide evidence about which approaches are most effective, and your physician uses that knowledge to plan your treatment and give you the best possible results.