Vizient has ranked Rush University Medical Center #1 for quality among the nation’s most prestigious academic medical centers. Learn more.
Emergency Department - Rush University Medical Center
Open 24 hours
Visitor check-in policy
When you arrive at Rush to visit a patient in the emergency department, you’ll need to check in at the information desk:
- Bring a picture ID. When you arrive, you’ll be asked to show a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, state ID, U.S. military credentials, permanent resident card, readable international passport or matrícula consular ID.
- Get your photo taken. Our information desk staff will scan your ID and will take a photo of you and any other visitors in your party who are 12 years or older.
- Receive your visitor’s badge. They will then issue your visitor’s badge, which will include your first and last name, your destination, the date and your photo. Your badge will be valid for eight hours. After your badge expires, you can visit the information desk to get a new badge.
- Wear your badge so it is easy to see. Please make sure your visitor’s badge is always visible while you are at the hospital. If it is not visible, any member of the Rush staff may ask you to show it to them.
- Don’t forget to check out. When you are ready to leave Rush, please stop by a security post to check out of the hospital and return your visitor’s badge.